The Rolling Stones’ 1964 3rd British tour commenced on August 1 and concluded on August 22, 1964.
It included a single concert in The Netherlands.
August 14, 1964: The Rolling Stones’ second UK EP Five By Five is released.
August 18-30, 1964:
The Rolling Stones perform theatre concerts every day across the south of
England. The group performs its first concerts on the Channel Isles (Guernsey and St. Helier) and
across southwest England (Weymouth, Weston-super-Mare, Exeter, Plymouth, Torquay). They
also play again in Bournemouth and Taunton.
* 01/08/1964 Belfast (stop after 12 minutes due of hysteria)
* 03/08/1964 Longleat House
* 07/08/1964 London, Richmond Athletic Ground
* 08/08/1964 Scheveningen, Netherlands, Kurhaus, Kurzaal
* 09/08/1964 Manchester, Belle Vue, New Elizabethan Ballroom
* 10/08/1964 New Brighton, Tower Ballroom
* 13/08/1964 Douglas, Isle of Man, Palace Ballroom
* 18/08/1964 St. Peter Port, New Theatre Ballroom, Guernsey
* 19/08/1964 St. Peter Port, New Theatre Ballroom, Guernsey
* 20/08/1964 St. Peter Port, New Theatre Ballroom, Guernsey
* 21/08/1964 St. Helier, Springfield Hall, Jersey
* 22/08/1964 St. Helier, Springfield Hall, Jersey
Interesting story behind this signed menu from this tour I just purchased.
This set dates from when the band played in Jersey on the 21st and 22nd of August of 1964.
They stayed at the Sion Hall Hotel.
The original owner had a friend whose sister was a waitress there and got this menu signed by the band.
She wasn’t much of a fan and then gave it to her sister, who traded it to the owner for a belt.
8 moves later, roughly 47 years, found in the attic by the daughter of the original owner.
And treasured now by me.
Here’s another crazy rarity from this tour and collector Ira Korman.
A signed poster from the tour bought directly from a member of the Barron Knights!!!